Collaborations & Commissions
- International Dawn Chorus Day (2021) by John Greyson. Birds from six continents in an online video call share speculations about the deaths of Egyptian filmmaker Shady Habash and queer activist Sarah Hegazi. Together with other artists from around the world, such as AA Bronson, Richard Fung, Shu Lea Cheang and April Hickox, Shamriz contributed a video from their Glendale kitchen window. The film won the Teddy Award at the 2021 Berlinale. A trailer is here.
- The Representation of House Plants in Romantic Comedies (2020). A video collaboration with writer Matt Polzin.
- After Grace (2017) – a film made for a poem by Dez’mon Omega Fair. An interview of the poet with the Film and Video Poetry Society is here.
- Jimmy at Wilshire (2017) – working with performance artist Oscar Alvarez
- Radical Cartography – a sculpture for Michael Parker’s Palm Springs Exhibition. Shamriz transformed a 3D printed version of a hand-made sculpture by Parker.
- Moonchops at Automata (2016) – Co-directing performer Brian Getnick, alongside Asher Hartman
- The Powerhouse (2013) – a five days performance of filmmaking within the multi-facet project by Kristof Trakal. The work was made in collaboration with Ramzi Hibri, Caitlin Adams, Cary Cronenwett and others.
- The Way of the Shaman (2013) – an exhibition in collaboration with Naama Yuria, which included video installation and performance. Took place in summer 2013 at the PS333 space in Seoul.
- The Whitman Project (53 minutes, 2007) – Co-directed with Heinz Emigholz. In this split-screen film, performers René Schoenenberger and Herbert Fritsch read from Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman in German and English. This film is on DVD by Filmgalerie 451.